All you have to do is submit your name on an email to EAT at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Agents Giving” in the subject field.
Please ensure your email entry arrives by 4pm today and obviously be sure you can attend the event if you win.
We will put each name into the hat and draw one at random: the winner of the two tickets will be announced on EAT on Monday December 4, a few days before the big event. Agents Giving will then be in touch with you regarding your tickets.
Terms and conditions for the competition are at the end of this story.
But the Agents’ Giving Ball is only one of many fund-raising activities going on right now as we hurtle towards the festive season. Here are this week’s fantastic fund-raisers in action.
Wetherby Christmas Lights: Manning Stainton has helped the market town of Wetherby light up for Christmas. Agents from th firm were out in force at this year’s lights switch on to raise money for the 2018 appeal.
Steve Riley, manager of the local Manning Stainton branch, says: “As a business at the heart of the community we are delighted that the money we raised will be used to make next year’s lights even better.”
In the last 12 months the company has donated in excess of £50,000 to over 50 schools, community groups and local clubs.
Crisis: A young technology business for home movers based in London’s West End has set a target to put a roof over the head of 38 homeless people this Christmas.
buzzmove is donating up to £5.00 to homeless charity Crisis for every home contents video survey completed up to December 22. Home movers simply need to agree to complete a digital survey via their tablet or smartphone, through a buzzmove partner removal firm, for a donation to be made.
The business has set a target of reaching £1,000 in the next three weeks.
Rowcroft Hospice, Royal British Legion, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation: The glamour of the 1920’s hit the English Riviera last month as the Imperial Hotel in Torquay staged a charity ball hosted by Woods Estate Agents & Auctioneers.
The evening's main event - a charity auction with prizes including a VIP trip to meet the Red Arrows, a week in a Spanish villa, a stay in London at the Hilton with tickets to a show, and a night’s stay in Dartmouth.
Wood’s Estate Agents & Auctioneers - with the help and support of generous donators - were able to give each of the guests a gift bag to take away at the end of the evening. Gifts included cosmetics, vitamins, crisps, note pads, pens, money off vouchers, chocolates, magazines and much more.
Although there is still money coming in and money waiting to be counted and verified, with the kind help and support from everyone who helped and attended, the event raised a fantastic sum in the region of £12,000 to be split between the three charities.
SMART Prebend Centre: Fine & Country Bedford have raised £1,617 for the SMART Prebend Centre at two fund-raising events.
The first was a coffee morning; the second was less comfortable - a Sleep Out on the streets of Bedford by two Fine & Country staff members.
One, Haydn van Weenen, says: “Everyone we spoke to was so enthusiastic about our Sleep Out and so grateful that we were supporting the SMART Prebend Centre. It is the place that all the homeless people in Bedford go to when they need a meal, a place to learn or a safe place to receive support.”
The donations raised are funding a new fridge for the Centre so it can continue to provide breakfasts and lunches to the most vulnerable people in Bedford.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR AGENTS GIVING COMPETITION (see above)
Free Tickets to the Agents Giving Ball 8th December 2017
1. The Promoter of this prize draw is Angels Media Limited (registered in England and Wales under company number 08629863 whose registered office is at Ground Floor, 1/7 Station Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1HT (the “Promoter”).
2. The Promoter is offering those who enter this promotion a chance to win 2 Free Tickets to the Agents Giving Ball held on 8th December 2017 at the Royal Lancaster Hotel London.
3. To enter this prize draw, entrants must enter their first name, surname, email address and postal address,
4. Entrants must be UK residents, aged 18 years or over and working in a UK Estate Agency or supplier. This promotion is not open to any employees of the Promoter or any of their affiliate companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this prize draw.
5. One entry allowed per person. Entries submitted on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted.
6. No purchase is necessary to enter this promotion, however internet access is required.
7. The promotion is open to entries from 24th November 2017 to 4pm 1st December (the “promotional period”).