Stamp Duty Land Tax Planning
All properties purchased in the UK are subject to Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT). With our SDLT planning we can help clients to reduce the SDLT due on leasehold or freehold residential properties, commercial properties and land.
Who is it for?
We operate several different schemes that can be tailored to the following clients seeking to buy above £250,000:
• Single • Multiple purchasers
• Co-habitees • Limited companies
• Married • Overseas trusts
• Business acquisition, where VAT is involved
We can also produce bespoke plans for complex cases.
UK Tax payers currently pay SDLT at the following rate:
• 3% of purchase price for land or property purchased in the UK for between £250,000 and £500,000. Using our planning will reduce the clients cost to 1.5% + VAT of purchase price.
• 4% of purchase price for land or property purchased in the UK for between £500,000 and £1,000,000. Using our planning will reduce the clients cost to 2% + VAT of purchase price.
• 5% of purchase price for land or property purchased in the UK for over £1,000,000 as of April 2011. We have elected to hold our fees in spite of this change, so clients will still pay just 2% + VAT of purchase price, meaning an even larger saving.
How does it work?
Following in-depth analysis of the legislation relating to SDLT and on-going consultation with top UK Tax Counsel, we offer a number of planning variants. The exact structure of the tax planning in each transaction will be decided on a case-by-case basis depending on the client, their assets, their financial situation and their loan to value ratio if they are purchasing with a mortgage.
Our SDLT planning enables clients to:
• Eliminate their SDLT liability
• Benefit from a "no win, no fee" arrangement
• Use the planning with any type of property purchase over £250,000
• Rely on tax planning that is backed by leading Tax Counsel opinion
Upon receipt of our fees for each individual case, we pay an insurance premium which will safeguard the client’s fee for the duration of the 9 month and 30 day enquiry window. This is provided together with Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) which covers any written tax advice they receive.
If you would like more information about our SDLT planning or you would like to know what other tax planning schemes we have contact us at:
Tel: 01344 407 992