By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies to enhance your experience.

Another day, another free-to-list online service launches for those wanting to sell property without using an estate agent. But will it fare any better than its many unsuccessful predecessors?

currently has overseas properties on sale as well as cars, boats and other high-value items.

Company spokesman Scott Smith says: “After a sale fell through on our own property due to the agent’s lack of due diligence towards prospect buyers, despite using one of the biggest names in estate agents [sic], we decided to create a platform where people can create their own adverts and deal with enquiries themselves.” Smith says he hopes to keep the site free-to-use in the future.

The contact details on the website reveal that ProQuo is in fact part of Stellar Homes, an East Sussex building firm based at Bexhill-on-Sea. Stellar describes itself as “an established building firm with over 22 years experience within the building industry covering both domestic and commercial projects” ranging from installing bathrooms to luxury refurbishments.

Scott Smith claims the ProQuo service allows sellers not only to list the sales price of a home but also to set out other selling options, such as part exchange and other options which “will encourage trade and opens a world of business opportunities”.


  • icon

    Well EAT get 250 sheets for putting these few words and a link up.

    • 13 January 2014 13:32 PM
  • icon

    No properties on the website but they have some nice Boats

    • 13 January 2014 13:19 PM
  • icon

    'Land agent' - they are a jobbing builder from what their website shows.

    And they are hardly biting anything with this offering - I would imagine that their local Agents all have a laugh at it.

    Mr Bennett - I would agree that progressing of a sale is a very important part of an Estate Agent's role - but "ensuring the sale Completes" is not within their power, as with your previous experience you should well know and acknowledge as the case.

    The website states "After sales falling through on our own properties like many others we became more and more frustrated with agents inability to ‘think outside of the box’, broken promises to deliver a sale as well as unjustified commissions."

    And they seriously think that THEIR offering provides a realistic alternative!

    So far - NOT ONE vendor in the UK seems to agree with them.

    Ahhh, well - perhaps they'll have more joy with the 14 cars or 17 boats they are offering...

    NO-ONE will be "burying their heads in the sand" if they see this as anything other than a joke offering.

    I just wonder where YOUR head is, Mr Bennett, to view it as "news worthy"...

    • 13 January 2014 13:12 PM
  • icon

    You never did explain why all this ECO business isn't tosh, Given that the degree days of some parts of the country make it uneconomically viable to replace a boiler or even install Double glazing isn't the whole Green/ECO thing simply profit generating bunkum? Good news for those riding a gravy train of grants and subsidies.

    • 13 January 2014 12:52 PM
  • icon

    I guess the Bexhill Estate Agents will be recommending other building contractors now. Shame to bite the hand that feeds you after 22 years.

    If they ever want to buy development land, I can't imagine Stella Homes having much help from their local agents now, can you?

    • 13 January 2014 11:38 AM
  • icon

    It's a news worthy (short) piece. As an ex-estate agent, I find 'burying one's head in the sand' is not a good look. Scott Smith says: “After a sale fell through on our own property due to the agent’s lack of due diligence towards prospect buyers ...' - finding the buyer is only 10% of the process. The other 90% is ensuring the sale Completes, if you want to get paid. In my (40+yrs) experience, many agents, take their eye off the ball at 'sale agreed' and complain when the sale falls through.

    • 13 January 2014 10:31 AM
  • icon

    I'm off!

    • 13 January 2014 10:14 AM
  • icon

    @ PeeBee on 2014-01-13 09:31:23

    I seem to be agreeing with you more and more. Cripes! ;>)

    • 13 January 2014 10:04 AM
  • icon

    So... yet another site that was destined to plough the depths of anonymity is given some house room by EAT under the guise of 'informing' their readership of newsworthy matters.

    Only two weeks into the 'new' regime, but so far this "brand new shiny" EAT is falling well short of its promises, I am afraid.

    "Fluffy journalism" is the only thing it CAN offer, methinks.

    Oh - and adverts until your eyes bleed.

    • 13 January 2014 09:31 AM
Zero Deposit Zero Deposit Zero Deposit