London agency JOHNS&CO says the performance of its staff during the Coronavirus period has led it to launch what it regards as a pioneering package of benefits and perks.
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption cover: staff working at the firm for three or more years will enjoy 50 per cent pay for up to 39 weeks of maternity leave and/or adoption leave, whilst new fathers who have been with JOHNS&CO for 26 weeks or more will receive two weeks at full pay;
- Holiday Buy Back Policy: employees may take up to 10 additional days holiday paid during one calendar year;
- Wow Moments: each team is given a budget designed to go towards “creating fun, exciting and inspiring moments either for the team or for clients such as personalised moving-in gifts”;
- Birthday day off: for all staff;
- Volunteering Scheme: each employee is given two volunteering days a year with JOHNS&CO’s charity partner, Richard House Children’s Hospice;
- Christmas Shopping time off – staff are also given half a day’s paid leave during the festive season to shop.
The agency is also promoting a cycle to work policy, in line with many London agencies.
“We have always recognised that our staff are the cornerstone of this business, but lockdown and the ongoing pandemic has highlighted this more than ever. We wanted to introduce a benefits package that reflects our appreciation for the exceptional efforts the team continues to show” explains Clynton Nel, residential director at JOHNS&CO.