Rock Trust: A pub quiz, organised by SafeDeposits Scotland in aid of a youth homelessness charity, has raised £926.33
The quiz was attended by more than 80 letting agents from across the central belt of Scotland, and the team from Let Link Services, a property management provider based in Bathgate and Larkhall, emerged victorious.
The Rock Trust is a charity that works with individuals between the ages of 16 and 25 who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. It offers advice and guidance to ensure those moving into adulthood can make positive decisions that will help them avoid or move away from homelessness.
Mike Smith, tenant team manager at SafeDeposits Scotland and quizmaster on the night, says: “It’s important to us that as an organisation, we do what we can to support causes and people to secure quality and stable accommodation. Raising such a fantastic sum for the Rock Trust is a source of real pride for everyone who attended.”
Kate Polson, CEO at Rock Trust, adds: “Support of this kind is what makes our work possible, enabling us to help over 400 young people every year to move on from homelessness or avoid it altogether. We are incredibly grateful to SafeDeposits Scotland for organising such a successful and enjoyable fundraiser and look forward to continuing to work with them to improve the life chances of young people”.
Through its Charitable Trust, SafeDeposits Scotland regularly awards funding to organisations and projects designed to raise standards in the PRS. Recently, Clackmannanshire Citizens Advice Bureau were given more than £38,000 to help tenants better understand their rights and responsibilities, with the aim of minimising evictions and reducing homelessness.
Food Banks: Agents’ Giving, the industry’s charity, is reminding the industry that the Trussell Trust runs a network of over 428 foodbanks, giving services like money advice, holiday clubs and cookery courses, helping support people in crisis.
“Calling all agents and suppliers to the industry We are asking for your help to tackle hunger and support your local foodbank. Please help to make a difference to people living and going hungry in your community. 40,000 people volunteered with a Trussell Trust Foodbank in 2017/2018” says Agents Giving.
It’s reminding agents that there are several ways they can get involved:
- “Find your local Foodbank – find out what items they need, this can be found on their web page, email or call to check before donating;
- "Deliver to a collection point – direct to local foodbank, supermarket, church, or organise you own local collection point in your office;
- "Volunteer – donate your time to help out, collecting food, sorting, packing or making tea, provide a friendly face to those who need it;
- "Fundraise – plan a fundraising event to raise funds for The Trussell Trust central support fund supporting all foodbanks, working on expanding the additional services available to help tackle the issues that cause poverty to help clients overcome this;
- "We can even help with your set up costs with an Agents Giving Grant Fund, so more of the money you raise goes direct to The Trussell Trust.”
Magic Millions: Hamptons International is sponsoring at the Magic Millions Festival of British Eventing for the 16th year running; it takes place in early August.
It’s set within the grounds of Gatcombe Park, the home of HRH The Princess Royal and her family.
Hamptons is again working with renowned British rider Harry Meade. Over the course of the weekend, Harry will join Hamptons International’s guests and treat them all to a walk around the course, highlighting the skill and technique it requires to master the championship course.
Andrew Marshall, Regional Director at Hamptons International says: “It’s an understatement to say that our collaboration with The Festival and our partnership with Harry has become a tradition over the years and it is considered a significant event that the whole business looks forward to.”