Zoopla is advising agents to prepare for a festive rush of leads.
The portal says it expects a 60 per cent month-on-month increase in visitors and an 80 per cent boost in applicant and valuation leads throughout the festive period and into January.
It has even provided its first ever ‘12 Tips of Christmas’ to help estate agents across the UK maximise the festive opportunity.
“We know from Boxing Day onwards people begin to think about the future” explains Andy Marshall, Zoopla’s chief commercial officer.
The portal has also prepared what it’s called its Ten Tips of Christmas for agents:
1. Encourage vendors to think about price. Any price change of three per cent or more will be automatically pushed out on a Zoopla email to relevant registered users, boosting exposure and click-through rates;
2. Keep stock looking ship-shape and interesting by refreshing images in the lead up to the peak period. Christmas is all about food and hospitality so keep kitchens and reception rooms front of mind;
3. Give applicants who have been unable to find a property in recent months a call to let them know about any star properties you have coming on;
4. Why not pick a nearby charity to support? It’s great for staff morale, increases your standing amongst customers and gives the opportunity to get some coverage in the local paper;
5. Ensure features like an annex, utility room or cellar are listed as keywords. Houses are often bursting at the seams at Christmas and it helps home hunters with specific requirements to find your property;
6. Zoopla’s Valuation Boosters is used to pass on Valuation Leads in the areas chosen by agents, which can result in up to five times more than usual;
7. Raise brand awareness and direct traffic straight to an agency website with Area Sponsorship;
8. Don’t forget about older properties that are starting to languish. Review and refresh their listings and use tools to give them maximum exposure;
9. Don't let lead times and service levels drop. It's more important than ever to be the first agent to respond to a lead and give great service to win that customer
10. House hunting is a journey and it can be stressful. By keeping in touch with customers via text or WhatsApp you can provide the extra level of reassurance and a personal touch they need.