Zoopla has unveiled new functionality that it claims will make searching for new homes easier for consumers - and resumes the battle for new build listings with OnTheMarket.
The enhanced functionality delivers ”improved lead quality, heightened brand exposure and profiling for new build listings by housebuilders and developers” it adds.
Beta testing apparently recorded a 43 per cent uplift in conversion rates.
The new functionality comes just weeks after OTM added new home developers to its listings for the first time.
The new Zoopla functionality will include:
- Development listings: Enabling the grouping of development sites into a specific development listing. This will allow users to click through to each development for further detail and properties available;
- Simple search experience: Added search functionality for a development by location;
- Brand exposure: Dual branding for both house builders and developments, supported by the ability to tailor development listings “to ensure the most relevant and enticing information is communicated to homebuyers;”
- New design: Third party advertising has been removed “to create a clean, uncluttered feel that is focused on showcasing the listings;”
- Help to Buy: Development listings will display the Help to Buy logo if the scheme is available, while each listing will include the minimum deposit required;
- Multiple enquiry touch points: A greater number of easy to locate contact points have been added “to support the conversion of leads to housebuilders and developers”
Zoopla’ s chief product and technology officer, David Wascha, says: “The test phase of the enhanced search function was incredibly promising, and with conversions up by 43 per cent, the value-add speaks for itself. As a leading digital innovator, we will continue investing heavily in the look, feel and experience of our portal, improving the experience, while enhancing use-value amongst our customers.”