The Agency Express board company says its monitor of the sales market suggests that it’s in better shape now than it was a year ago.
It says that looking at June 2018 as a whole, properties ‘For Sale’ were up 9.4 per cent and properties ‘Sold’ up 6.2 per cent.
“Looking at historical data ... we can see that market activity is greater this year compared to 12 months previous” says the company.
Six of the 12 regions recorded by Agency Express reported increases in properties ‘For Sale’ and seven reported increases in properties ‘Sold’.
London sat at the top of this month’s leader board with new listings ‘For Sale’ with a 62.6 per cent rise. The company says June is traditionally a buoyant month for the capital and while this year’s figures are robust “they are marginally less compared to figures recorded in 2017.”
The South West followed suit with properties ‘Sold’ up 27.9 per cent, the rise in figures resulted in a record best June for the region.
Other regional hotspots include...
New listings ‘For Sale’:
- Central England - up 16.4 per cent;
- South West - up 14.2 per cent;
- South East - up 12.5 per cent;
- Scotland - up 7.1 per cent;
- Yorkshire & Humberside up 1.1 per cent.
- South East - up 21.9 per cent;
- London - up 14.6 per cent;
- North East - up 11.4 per cent;
- North West - up 6.5 per cent;
- Scotland - up 4.5 per cent.
The largest declines in this month’s index were recorded in Wales with new listings ‘For Sale’ down 5.7% and properties ‘Sold’ in East Anglia down 4.9 per cent.