x
By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies to enhance your experience.
STAY CONNECTED!
    
newsletter-button

TODAY'S OTHER NEWS

Join Us! Call for “disillusioned” agents to become prime London entrepreneurs

A new prime London hybrid agency wants what it calls “disillusioned property professionals” to join the firm and take advantage of entrepreneurial opportunities that come from a new way of working.

Agent & Homes, which launched in June and is based in Notting Hill, already has 12 agents working under the firm’s brand name. 

It does not have a traditional shop front and operates using ‘freelance’ agents similar in principle to the operation of Keller Williams.

Agent & Homes’ agents receive 90 per cent of commission fees with the remaining 10 per cent going back to the company to be invested in support services. Agents can base themselves at the hub or work from their homes.

The firm’s consultants operate effectively as self-employed agents. There are no fixed hours and agents can work when and where they want to - it says they can take holidays when they want, collaborate with other agents at the firm and work from home or the Notting Hill hub.

Agent & Homes insists that its consultants are not required to meet any sales, lettings or instructions targets and there is no micro-management of individuals by head office. 

“There are many disillusioned agents, particularly in the prime central London market, who are very good at what they do but tired of working all hours of the week and weekends in a dead office for little financial return” explains  Agent & Homes co-chief executive Bob Crowley. 

“There are many experienced agents out there with great ability who are looking for something different, but it’s all about having the confidence in themselves to make the change” he says.

The agency’s founder, Rollo Miles, adds: “In the eyes of many estate agency owners today, agents are merely door-openers. There are actually agency-associated firms that now exist which base their business model on purely opening doors.

“An agent working for us can earn as much in two or three transactions as they do in a full year sitting in a high street office. Much higher earnings and much more free time. It’s a no-brainer really.”

The firm was launched earlier this year by Miles and Crowley, both of whom have vast experience of the industry, having worked for some of the capital’s best-known agencies, including Marsh & Parsons and John D Wood.

Since launch, the firm has taken over 40 sales instructions and over 200 lettings instructions and is already competing well against long-established firms.

icon

Please login to comment

valpal
submit
sign up