ZPG has revealed its 2017 annual report this morning with a stream of records - 648 million visits to portals, revenue from property services up 41 per cent and a six per cent rise in its number of UK agencies with a five per cent rise in its property listings.
The highlights of its 2017 annual report, released to the City and shareholders this morning, include:
- overall group revenue for all of its services increased 24 per cent to £244.5 million;
- record traffic of 648 million visits “generating record of over 56 million partner leads”;
- the Zoopla MovePlanner tool generating over 10,000 leads per month.
On its property portal and associated services side:
- revenue up 41 per cent to £122.3 million;
- UK estate agency partners and inventory up six per cent and five per cent respectively to 14,775 branches and 969,000 listings;
- average number of ‘products per partner’ now stands at 1.4, up 27 per cent in a year.
“Our Property division performed very well driven by strong demand for our additional products, further migration of our software partners to cloud-based products and a continuation of returning portal partners” says Alex Chesterman, ZPG chief executive officer.
“We significantly enhanced the partner cross-sell opportunity with the successful integration of our acquisitions in website, software, data and print products and saw the average number of products per partner increase by 27 per cent over the period.”
Chesterman also revealed that ZPG had snapped up Calcasa, which he described as “the leading provider of automated property valuations and statistical market analysis in the Netherlands”.
The report also said the firm was encouraged by the rate of returning UK agents to its portals from OnTheMarket, which now stands at over 1,000 branches.
It said 2018 would present opportunities for “deeper product integration” between the property side of the business and the price comparison side - ZPG also owns uSwitch and Money.
LSL Property Services - which has high street brands including Your Move, Reeds Rains and Marsh & Parsons - this week signed up to advertise its inventory on Zoopla and PrimeLocation for the next five years.